Since 2001, Munich-based consultancy FutureCamp provides strategic and operational consulting services with focus on climate, energy and environment.
In the field of market-based mechanisms our expertise ranges from evaluating your project idea all the way to the marketing of the certificates. We support in project design, methodology development, implementation, monitoring and verification of emission reduction projects.
Due to our long-term experience in the development and support of over 100 JI, CDM and VER projects, we are also right at home in the new Sustainable Development Mechanism and the new framework for cooperative approaches according to Article 6 of the Paris Convention. As such, we are the right partner for the implementation of your climate protection project. We will accompany you in current and future market mechanisms. Where required, we will develop a custom methodology for your project.
Since 2001 we collaborate in the secretariat of the “Working Group Emissions Trading to Combat Greenhouse Gas Effects”, incl. chairing the specific working group “JI/CDM” of the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety. This is why we don’t only have excellent knowledge of the regulatory requirements of EU emissions trading and market-based mechanisms, but we also contribute to the design of future climate policy and market instruments.
Other key competencies
- Analysis, elaboration and implementation of ETS design elements
- Carbon management, trading strategies
- Global Climate Governance, climate policy analysis
- Corporate climate strategies, carbon footprinting, emissions compensation
- Corporate sustainability reports
- Energy management, energy efficiency
- CDM projects:
- Development of the first approved CDM methodology for reducing methane emissions in rice farming
- PDD development and support for approval, validation and registration of a water power project in Georgia
- Feasibility analysis and project outline for the development of programmatic CDM projects in Israel in the field of energy efficiency in public buildings
- Project development for large and small scale wind parks in Cyprus
- JI projects:
- Development and support of around 30 JI projects and programmatic JI projects in Germany, Poland, Lithuania in the areas of energy, energy efficiency, chemistry and transport, e.g. for BASF, Bayer, Bosch Siemens Home Appliances, EnBw, Lanxess, the German federal states North Rhine-Westphalia and Hesse
- Gold Standard VER and VCS projects in Turkey in the areas of wind power, geothermal power, hydropower, biogas and landfill gas, energy efficiency for industry
- Participation in the Joint Implementation Action Group (JIAG)
- Introduction of proposals for the stakeholder process of the Joint Implementation Supervisory Committee (JISC) regarding programmatic JI projects